Salata od Hobotnice
Octopus salad is easy to make and a tasty, refreshing dish. This recipe has you place a wine cork in the boiling mixture to “tenderize” the octopus while it cooks. While this seemed strange to me, I did it anyway. I’m not sure that it did anything as the octopus was rubbery. Next time I make this salad I might opt for grilling the octopus and see how that works.
Octopus (½ – 1kg) – cleaned
Bay leaves – 2
Olive oil, salt, and pepper
Red wine vinegar
Onion – 1
Potatoes – 2
• In a large pot cover generously with water, the octopus and bay leaves. Add salt and pepper and the wine cork (which helps tenderize the octopus) to the water and bring to the boil.
• Reduce the heat and simmer until tender (around 20 minutes or so).
• In another pot boil the potatoes. Once they are done cut them into small cubes.
• Drain the octopus and clean the head. Cut the meat of the octopus into small pieces.
• Add the potatoes with the octopus and finely chop an onion and add.
• Dress the salad with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and parsley. Finish will a lemon wedge as garnish.
Original recipe found here: