Coconut Chicken Curry
This recipe is not only a super flavorful dish, but it’s also simple to prepare. This is one of those dishes that the spice builds bite after bite. If you’re not into spicy food, just use a mild curry and omit the fresh chili or chili powder.
1 lb chicken, cut to pieces ( I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
2-3 potatoes, quartered
2-3 carrots, cut into small pieces
1 big red bell pepper, cut into 1×1 cubes
1 big green bell pepper, cut into 1×1 cubes
2 medium onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
2 cups coconut milk ( I used light and added a little extra)
2-3 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon chili powder (optional) or 1 teaspoon minced chili (optional)
4 tablespoons cooking oil
salt and pepper
1. In a frying pan, fry the cut chicken until light brown. Next, fry potatoes and carrots, then set aside.
2. In a sauce pan, sauté garlic, onions and ginger in cooking oil for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken, coconut milk, curry powder and chili powder. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, carrots, red and green bell peppers and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until soft.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice.