Akoho sy Sakamalao
This would be great for a weeknight meal. With a little preparation you are rewarded with a solid dish.
4 chicken legs (whole w/thighs)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 inch ginger, grated
1 lemon, zested
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/3 cup coconut oil
1. Simply zest a lemon, grate the ginger and crush the garlic.
2. Rub all over the chicken legs.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown the chicken on both sides (this can take 10-15 minutes over medium-high).
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove the chicken from the pan, then add peppers and onions, to soften.
7. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is falling of the bone.
8. Check your seasonings.