The Bosnian stew is an authentic Bosnian culinary speciality, appreciated for its rich taste and flexibility. It is impossible to define the recipe for Bosanski lonac, as there are many variations, but the main ingredients are mostly the same: meat and various vegetables.
350 g lamb
350 g beef
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp tomato purée
3 tbsp oil
Leek yoghurt salad
1 small leek
100 ml yoghurt
1 tbsp sour cream
1. Chop all ingredients into smaller pieces. Rub the meat with salt and pepper. In a clay oven pot, arrange the ingredients in the following order: vegetables, meat, and vegetables. Add salt, pepper, paprika and tomato concentrate. Pour enough water to cover everything. Bake in the oven at the highest temperature for two hours.
2. After two hours, remove the clay pot from the oven and transfer it onto the stove to continue cooking.
3. In a smaller pot, heat the oil and mix with flour. Stir continuously while cooking on high temperature. Add three ladles of fluid from the Bosnian pot and bring to a boil. Pour the sauce in the Bosnian pot and boil for about 10 minutes. Do not stir, just shake the container if necessary.
For the leek yoghurt salad:
1. Chop the leek into small pieces, add a bit of salt and blend to soften. Add the sour cream and yoghurt and mix all together.
2. Serve the Bosnian stew in deep plates with the leek salad separately.